|Engine Type||OHV longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke|
|Bore x Stroke||92 mm x 71.5 mm|
|Fuel System||Keihin® 36 mm throttle body|
|Starting System||Electric with optional auxiliary recoil|
|Front Suspension||Independent double-wishbone|
|Front Travel||6.7 in.|
|Front Brake Type||Dual hydraulic 196 mm disc|
|Front Tires||25 x 8-12|
|Rear Travel||6.9 in.|
|Rear Suspension||Swingarm with single shock|
|Rear Brake Type||Sealed 180 mm mechanical drum|
|Rear Tires||25 x 10-12|
|Dry Weight||Curb Weight: 626 lb.|
|Fuel Capacity||4.0 gal., including 1.2-gal. reserve|
|Ground Clearance||7.6 in.|
|Machine Dimensions (LxWxH)||83.7 in. x 47.4 in. x 47.1 in.|
|Final Drive||Direct front and rear driveshafts with TraxLok® and torque-sensitive front differential|
|Transmission||Five-speed with Reverse|
|Lighting||35W headlights, independent assist light|
|Colors||Honda Phantom Camo™|
|Warranty||One Year transferable limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.|
Never Settle For Second Best.
Honda’s line of all-terrain vehicles has always been the machinery people count on for their next adventure out on the trail or their next big job. But some adventures – and jobs – are tougher than others. That’s when you go with the Foreman. Strong. Rugged. Able to do-it-all, whether it’s on your favorite trail, the ranch, or the farm. And here’s the best news yet: for 2014 our Foreman is all-new with tons of new features.
We started with our tried-and-true fuel injected 500 class engine and improved its fuel efficiency. Then we designed an all-new stronger chassis with increased suspension stroke for better handling and a smoother ride to tackle any type of terrain. But just in case you get yourself in a sticky situation we added our all-new front differential lock to make sure you get back to camp. And finally, we wrapped all of these new features and more with all-new aggressively styled bodywork to set Foreman apart from the competition.
Serious Terrain Demands Serious Traction: For 2014 the Honda Foreman features an all-new front differential with two great features. TraxLok lets you switch between two-wheel drive and four-wheel drive with the push of a button. Need even more traction? Now in really tough situations you can lock the front differential solid, driving full power to all wheels—a real benefit in rocky, swampy, or uneven terrain.
It Looks Tough. Because It Is Tough: The Foreman’s bodywork gives it an all-new rugged appearance. But it does more than just look good. It’s designed to last, despite the scrapes and dings in the woods or on the job and helps protect you from mud and other debris and to keep looking good as long as you own it.
Tough On The Job. Not On You: The better your Foreman rides, the shorter your day seems. That’s why we gave our Foreman line plush suspension with increased suspension stroke and comfortable ergonomics. Also new for 2014 is a softer, plusher saddle, so you can tackle your favorite trail or the toughest chores in comfort all day long.
- Semi-Dry-Sump Engine Design: Compact and lighter-weight, the Foreman's overhead-valve, semi-dry sump design creates an engine that's not only shorter from top to bottom, but one that enhances handling by lowering the center of gravity and increasing ground clearance.
- Revised Fuel Injection: We’ve boosted Foreman’s fuel efficiency while lowering emissions by incorporating an oxygen sensor that allows the ECU to instantly adjust the fuel injection mapping to match riding conditions for maximum fuel efficiency. This means more time on the trail and a more money in your pocket.
- Liquid Cooling: Our time-tested Honda engine is liquid-cooled, which provides more consistent operating temperatures and more power than a comparable air-cooled motor. This adds up to better performance and longer engine life.
- TraxLok: Our rock-solid system lets you choose either 2WD or 4WD, giving you the freedom to choose between lighter steering (in 2WD) and maximizing available traction (in 4WD) when you need it most.
- Increased ACG Output: We increased alternator output so the new Foreman could handle more of your accessory power needs.
- Suspension: The suspension has been tuned for an improved connection between rider and machine, which adds up to increased confidence when you’re out on the trail. And we increased the suspension stroke (front and rear) for a plusher ride all day long.
- Electronic Differential Lock: When you’re in 4WD mode, and you need to get the power to both front wheels, you can just flip the switch on our all-new electronic differential lock to maximize available traction. The vehicle display will tell you when the diff lock is fully engaged.
- New Digital Meter: We increased meter functionality by adding a clock, water temperature gauge, our “maintenance minder” system and indicator for our new electronic differential lock.
- Styling: The Foreman line's bodywork gives it a tough look. But it does more than just look good: it's designed to last, despite the scrapes and dings of the job or the woods, and to help protect you from mud and other debris.
- Easy Service Access: Our new body styling is not only aggressive, it’s functional. It features a tank and side covers that come off as one-piece, with no tools, for quick and easy access to the engine.
- Independent Assist Light: The assist light now runs independently of the headlights so you can turn it on when you need it, and turn it off when you don’t.
- New 35W Headlights: All new headlights with more fire power than before, for better illumination down the trail.
- Comfortable Seat: A plush seat and open rider triangle (Bars/Seat/Pegs) teams up with the suspension to really treat you right. Superior ergonomics have always been a Honda priority, and the Foreman is no exception. With thicker, softer foam this year, it’s more comfortable than ever.
- Increased Carrier Capacity: We increased carrier capacity front and rear, so you can take more of what you need on your next adventure or haul to the worksite to get the job done.
- Engine Type: 475cc liquid-cooled OHV longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore And Stroke: 92 mm x 71.5 mm
- Induction: Keihin® 36 mm throttle body
- Ignition: Full-transistorized type with electronic advance
- Starter: Electric with optional auxiliary recoil
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Clutch: Automatic
- Transmission: Five-speed with Reverse
- Driveline: Direct front and rear driveshafts with TraxLok® and torque-sensitive front differential
- Front Suspension: Independent double-wishbone; 6.7 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Swingarm with single shock; 6.9 in. travel
- Front Brakes: Dual hydraulic 196 mm disc
- Rear Brakes: Sealed 180 mm mechanical drum
- Front Tires: 25 x 8-12
- Rear Tires: 25 x 10-12
- Length: 83.7 in.
- Width: 47.4 in.
- Height: 47.1 in.
- Wheelbase: 50.4 in.
- Seat Height: 34.7 in.
- Ground Clearance: 7.6 in.
- Curb Weight: 626 lb. (includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel-ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 4.0 gal., including 1.2-gal. reserve
- Turning Radius: 10.5 ft.
- Model Id: TRX500FM1E
- Emissions: Meets current California Air Resources Board (CARB) and EPA off-road emissions standards.
- Available Colors: Honda Phantom Camo™
- One Year: Transferable limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.